Subject: Re: Download libssh2 source via HTTPS?

Re: Download libssh2 source via HTTPS?

From: Jakob Egger <jakob_at_eggerapps.at>
Date: Wed, 4 Mar 2015 13:28:44 +0100

> Am 04.03.2015 um 11:21 schrieb Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>:
> Personally, I wouldn't mind switching over to hosting the source code repo at github (which then could provide the code over HTTPS "for free") and then on a longer term switch to that bug tracker and allow pull requests there etc. All in the name of going where there's already a large amount of users, it brings features and it encourages and simplifies collaboration even further. Do it "like the kids do". And it makes the infrastructure less dependent on individual volunteers.

Yes, Github would be awesome. Is there an argument against moving to Github?

If you move to Github, you could host the project website on github too. We do that for http://postgresapp.com <http://postgresapp.com/> — everything is hosted on Github, for free (even binaries). Only drawback: Github pages don't support https. Thus, if you want a secure download, you have to go to the Github website and download from there.