Subject: [libssh2] libssh2_sftp_read() and libssh2_sftp_write() return type?

[libssh2] libssh2_sftp_read() and libssh2_sftp_write() return type?

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Sun, 19 Nov 2006 23:25:18 +0100 (CET)

Hi

The functions libssh2_sftp_read() and libssh2_sftp_write() are declared to
return size_t.

First, I don't like that the code then proceeds and return -1 when size_t is
in fact unsigned on most platforms.

I would much rather see them resember read() and write() more closely (as
that's what their names somewhat imply at least in my head) and they return
ssize_t.

Would anyone object if I modified this?

Should we somehow write down API/ABI changes somewhere for the upcoming
release notes?

Should we perhaps start noting our changes in a ChangeLog somewhere (I mean
generally, not only API/ABI changes)? I think we all would benefit from
that...