Subject: Re: Request for help for beginner, thanks!

Re: Request for help for beginner, thanks!

From: Craig Berry <craigberry_at_mac.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Jan 2021 13:21:21 -0600

> On Jan 17, 2021, at 12:40 PM, David Spector <dev_at_springtimesoftware.com> wrote:
> It seems that nobody has any complete and working code posted on the Web anywhere, including in the PHP Manual itself.

I have never used PHP and know nothing about the libssh2 binding for it, but a quick web search shows lots of examples and documentation of people doing sftp with PHP. E.g.,

<https://www.php.net/manual/en/function.ssh2-sftp.php>

which appears to be using libssh2 under the hood with a PHP extension built on top of it (<https://www.php.net/manual/en/install.pecl.windows.php>).

or this one:

<https://phpseclib.com/docs/sftp>

which appears to be a pure PHP library.

Search for the word "key" on those pages and you will see examples of uploads that use a key instead of a password.