Subject: LIBSSH2_ERROR_KEX_FAILURE

LIBSSH2_ERROR_KEX_FAILURE

From: William Shipley <william_at_schuylerhouse.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2019 16:26:17 -0700

I've built libssh2 with wincng and have been testing with the CrushFTP
server. All has been working smoothly. In trying to install my software at a
client site, they are attempting to use AWS SFTP service. When performing
the libssh2_session_handshake I am failing with a KEX error.

A log from the server indicates:

Mar 25 13:58:14 pathlabsrv sshd[4988]: fatal: no matching cipher found:
client
aes256-cbc,rijndael-cbc_at_lysator.liu.se,aes192-cbc,aes128-cbc,arcfour128,arcfour,3des-cbc
server
aes128-ctr,aes192-ctr,aes256-ctr,aes128-gcm_at_openssh.com,aes256-gcm_at_openssh.com,chacha20-poly1305_at_openssh.com
[preauth]

And, indeed, we do not have a matching cipher. I would have expected Windows
cryptography to be generally 'vanilla' and I would have expected Amazon to
support pretty much anything. From my limited experience they seem to have
used Open SSH.

Has anyone encountered this? Can anyone give me guidance?

Wm