Subject: Dependancy problem libssh2

Dependancy problem libssh2

From: Huy Cong Vu <huy-cong.vu_at_wandercraft.eu>
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2016 17:29:46 +0100 (CET)

Hi,
I'm running to a dependancy problem with libcurl, libssh2 & libz, mostly related to compability of libraries.
My libraries is compile with mingW/x86_64 Windows, here are the configuration command:

./configure --prefix=... --with-openssl --disable-examples-build

which returns this summary:

version: 1.6.0
Host type: x86-pc-mingw32
Install prefix: ...
Compiler: gcc
Compiler flags: -DLIBSSH2_WIN32
Library types: Shared=yes, Static=yes
Crypto library: Windows Cryptography API: Next Generation
Clear memory: yes
Debug build: no
Build examples: no
Path to sshd: /bin/sshd (only for self-tests)
zlib compression: yes

The problem arises when I'm trying to link my application against libssh2-1.dll, there was a compability error which returns 0x00007a (load dynamic libraires problem). For now I don't know where it come from

In my application, I only use some curl function to do a get-file by SFTP, I don't know if I use any of compression functionalities of libz. So I want to get rid of libz if possible to avoid one more level of dependancy, and yet more of compability problem.

So my question is: Is this possible to remove zlib from dependancy when compiling libssh2. If yes, how can I do that.

Thank you in advance;
Best regards,

--
Huy Cong