Subject: Problem in compiling libssh2

Problem in compiling libssh2

From: Moti Avrahami <moti.dp_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 15 May 2016 18:41:10 +0300

Hi,

I just downloaded libssh2 v1.7.0 and try to compile it, but encountered a
build errors.
I tried to compile it with Visual Studio 2003 and also 2013 (just created
an empty C++ Static Library project and put inside all the source and
header files) but failed because of the following error:
*C2037 left of 'abstract' specifies undefined struct/union
'_LIBSSH2_SESSION'*

I have hundreds of errors like that.
As far as I saw, there is the following definition in libssh2.h:
typedef struct _LIBSSH2_SESSION LIBSSH2_SESSION;
and the _LIBSSH2_SESSION struct is defined in libssh2_priv.h
but I still don't manage to compile this project and produce a .lib file.

I would add that today I have libssh2 v1.4.1 compiled successfully via
Visual Studio 2003 and all works well. I even compare my project settings
from 1.4.1 but found nothing.

Can someone help me out please?

Thanks,
Moti