Subject: Re: Authentication issue

Re: Authentication issue

From: Peter Stuge <peter_at_stuge.se>
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2015 11:15:58 +0200

Kishore Av wrote:
> I could able to connect ssh server only with username and without
> providing the password manually.

Did you study the protocol specification?

RFC 4252 5.2. The "none" Authentication Request

   A client may request a list of authentication 'method name' values
   that may continue by using the "none" authentication 'method name'.

> Is there a way to connect that server through libssh2 ?

As I wrote, the libssh2 API matches the protocol API closely.

> If so, which API can be used to connect?

Did you study the library API documentation?

/* libssh2_userauth_list
 *
 * List authentication methods
 * Will yield successful login if "none" happens to be allowable for this user