Subject: Setting MAC option

Setting MAC option

From: Jeremy Zapata <jzapata_at_globalscape.com>
Date: Fri, 1 May 2015 15:51:46 +0000

I am using libssh2 compiled with OpenSSL and libcurl (OpenSSL v1.0.2 and libssh2 v1.4.3, libcurl 7.22.0) and I use it to test uploading/downloading files over sftp.

I have limited experience with ssh and sftp but on Linux there are additional options that can be specified with the sftp command such as the MAC (Message Authentication Code) like this:

sftp -oCiphers=3des-cbc -oMACs=hmac-md5 myuser_at_myhost

Is anyone familiar with the MAC option and how it can be set for libssh2 (hopefully there is a way through libcurl)?

It was hard to find a whole lot of information on the MAC option, but this is something I found: http://www.computerhope.com/unix/sftp.htm.

Thanks!

Jeremy Zapata | Software Engineer in Test
global<http://www.globalscape.com/>scape<http://www.globalscape.com/> | +1 (210) 308-8267 ext 5176 | NYSE MKT:GSB<http://www.globalscape.com/cgi-bin/links.cgi?page=gsb>
*This communication, including attachments, is for the exclusive use of the addressee and may contain proprietary, confidential or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, any use, copying, disclosure, dissemination or distribution is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately by return email and delete this communication and destroy all copies.