Subject: Re: [Win32] undefined reference

Re: [Win32] undefined reference

From: <sisyphus1_at_optusnet.com.au>
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2015 12:27:32 +1100

From: Alexander Lamaison
Sent: Friday, March 13, 2015 4:42 AM
To: libssh2 development

> On 12 Mar 2015 15:17, <sisyphus1_at_optusnet.com.au> wrote:

>> C:\_64\msys\1.0\local\lib\libssh2.a(misc.o):misc.c:(.text+0x40):
>> undefined reference to `__ms_vsnprintf'
>> C:\_64\msys\1.0\local\lib\libssh2.a(scp.o):scp.c:(.text+0x40): undefined
>> reference to `__ms_vsnprintf'
>>
>> What do I need to link to here in order to resolve that ?

>I'm not near a computer so can't double check, but those look like CRT
>functions to me. I'm guessing you built libssh2 to use the static MSVCRT,
>but you've built your main program against a different CRT version. The
>versions need to match.

This was a problem encountered building the Net::SSH2 perl extension. I've
been building that extension (and libssh2) for years, and never struck
anything like this.

The solution was amazingly simple - shutdown the computer (last night) and
let the 16 updates from Microsoft install, then restart the computer (this
morning).
The Net::SSH2 build is fully scripted and the script that was producing the
above errors last thing last night, is working fine first thing this
morning.
Dunno what the problem was ....

Thanks for replying, Alex.

Cheers,