Subject: Re: git repo on github

Re: git repo on github

From: Peter Stuge <peter_at_stuge.se>
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2015 14:02:46 +0100

Daniel Stenberg wrote:
>> I'll close {trac,git}.libssh2.org then?
>
> I would prefer if they would remain.

I'm fine either way.

> We have a HUGE amount of open bugs in trac, would be a pitty to lose all
> those, and we don't have any transition strategy or anything for them...
> For me, trac is still our primary bug tracker.

I think it's important that we have only one place for bugs. I'm fine
with helping to migrate if anyone wants to do that.

> The git repo is less important but I figure it could be valuable to keep it
> around for a while more just in case.

If we have multiple repos then I think they should be synchronized
somehow, probably automatically, meaning that one repo will need to
be the primary distribution point.

It's certainly possible for people to "manually" push to multiple
URLs at once, but they have to change their config then:

git remote set-url --add origin $github_url