Subject: Re: Download libssh2 source via HTTPS?

Re: Download libssh2 source via HTTPS?

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Sun, 8 Mar 2015 23:17:35 +0100 (CET)

On Sun, 8 Mar 2015, Will Cosgrove wrote:

> We have created a trac issue including a diff with additional HMAC support
> #286 and it has never been applied. It's going on 11 months of just sitting
> there. That indicates a problem with the current process that I'd like to
> see resolved.

Unfortunately, I think our greatest problem is that we're just not enough
people with time and energy to spend on libssh2 issues.

Issues posted to trac are basically not being read or handled by anyone, it is
just a way to store them until someone at some point in the future wants to
help out and push our project forward. This can be seen by the large amount of
open issues, many of them very old.

Also, personally, I would much more appreciate if people brought issues and
disussions to the mailing list as I will see such more likely and timely and
participate in that.