Subject: Re: CMake

Re: CMake

From: Alexander Lamaison <swish_at_lammy.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2014 19:15:30 +0000

On 14 December 2014 at 18:54, Marc Hoersken <info_at_marc-hoersken.de> wrote:

> Please do not remove the existing build infrastructure, just yet.
> CMake cannot replace all of them and even those that can be replaced
> need to deprecated first and slowly phased out.

I've left the autotools system in place, though removing it should be
the long-term goal so that we have less to maintain, not more. I've
removed the Windows project files because the CMake build provides all
the fuctionality they had, and much more (if that's not the case,
please let me know because it's a bug).

> Please also keep the changes to non-CMake-relevant files to a minimum, see:
> https://github.com/mback2k/libssh2/compare/cmake#files_bucket

I limited changes that would affect non-CMake builds, but probably
didn't avoid them entirely. The amount of effort required to create
the CMake build, and test it in every available combination, has
already taken so long that I decided it was more important to present
that work before back-fixing the original builds. Did you have any
specific changes in mind?

> And before this can be merged into master, I think the smaller commits
should be squashed into logical commits.

Absolutely.

Alex

--
Swish - Easy SFTP for Windows Explorer (http://www.swish-sftp.org)