Subject: Re: Allow authentication to be passed in memory - blast from the past

Re: Allow authentication to be passed in memory - blast from the past

From: David Calavera <david.calavera_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Sep 2014 16:29:26 -0700

Thanks for your feedback, Peter, Daniel and Alex.

Peter, I totally understand your concern. I took my time to reply because I
tried to do it right, but I have to be realistic here and honest with
myself.

I feel like reading the keys from memory to implement the same logic for
libgcrypt might not be too complicated, unfortunately my C skills are
really rusty, and I don't think I'm the right person to make it right. On
the other hand, I'll be super glad to assist anybody that can help me, we
can do a remote pair session or talk over skype or whatever is best to
reach a better solution.

As a sort term solution, I added the necessary methods to scr/libgcrypt.c
to return an unimplemented error, like it already does parting public keys
from private key files.

I'd still love to see this merged into the main project, I think it would
be really useful for people implemented on top of libssh2, and I'm at your
disposal for anything I can help.

This is the new patch with those methods inside libgcrypt:

https://github.com/calavera/libssh2/commit/c031101aede6195376415178a5fcce80c556a8e3
https://github.com/calavera/libssh2/commit/c031101aede6195376415178a5fcce80c556a8e3.patch

And this is the raw patch for everybody in the list to see: