Subject: Re: libssh2 master 42aefdb configure.ac: Call zlib zlib and not libz in text but keep option names

Re: libssh2 master 42aefdb configure.ac: Call zlib zlib and not libz in text but keep option names

From: Guenter <lists_at_gknw.net>
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2013 13:05:08 +0200

On 16.09.2013 11:24, Peter Stuge wrote:
> I'll move the conditionals to Makefile.am and we'll have to find
> solutions for the other build systems that we would like to support.
no, thats also not OK. Please lets keep it the way it is: we compile all
files, and define macros which control which crypto backend gets used.

>> We need to have the #ifdefs in the source files to
>> make it easier for people to build "all files" in different build systems
>> with less trouble...
>
> When are "all files" actually needed?
>
> It makes absolutely no sense to me to build source files that are
> *known* not to be needed.
it is the easy way to do things: while all preprocessors deal equally
good with #ifdef in the source files the different make tools do not in
the makefiles.
Also it doesnt hurt much if the compiler has to compile a file which is
'empty' due to define conditionals which are not met.

Gün.