Subject: Re: libssh2 master 42aefdb configure.ac: Call zlib zlib and not libz in text but keep option names

Re: libssh2 master 42aefdb configure.ac: Call zlib zlib and not libz in text but keep option names

From: Guenter <lists_at_gknw.net>
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2013 12:50:25 +0200

On 16.09.2013 12:22, Peter Stuge wrote:
> Peter Stuge wrote:
>> What about NetWare, VMS and Watcom? Do similar methods exist, or
>> will we have to have separate build files for each configuration?
>
> The MSVC, NetWare, VMS and Watcom build files are all hardcoded to
> use OpenSSL so that was easy.
>
> Marc, that's bad news for you if you want to support building against
> WinCNG with MSVC project files or Watcom. I wouldn't bother though.
> Besides automake support I think adding a /DWINCNG option to the
> NMakefile is perfectly fine.

as Daniel explained the way to go is this:
- all files get compiled by all platforms
- the different crypto backend related files get protections like:
#ifdef USE_OPENSSL
#endif

due to the different make tools (nmake, wmake, ...) we cant have
conditionals in Makefile.inc since each make tool has different ways of
handling conditions; but its always possible to add a define to CFLAGS
so that only the backend wanted/supported gets compiled/used.

I've spent some time to hack the MSVC makefiles so that they work with
Makefile.inc which eleminates the need that we maintain these files each
time source files get added/renamed/removed, and we should keep this way.

Gün.