Subject: Re: detect linkage against openssl or gcrypt

Re: detect linkage against openssl or gcrypt

From: Bill Segall <bill_at_segall.net>
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2013 19:20:39 +1000

On Mon, Jul 29, 2013 at 6:52 PM, Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se> wrote:

> On Mon, 29 Jul 2013, Bill Segall wrote:
>
> Don't be surprised if the CFLAGS are an empty string if you're installing
>> packages on Ubuntu (or anywhere that installs the headers intro
>> /usr/include),
>>

> Exactly! Then how do you know if libssh2 was built to use OpenSSL or
> gcrypt using this method?

In theory, the usage should be private to libssh2 and you don't care at
compile time. At link time you need the right libraries.

It sounds like in practice you have extra initialization required for
re-entrant use - can you explain what that is? My feeling is that libssh2
should do this for you.

Bill.