Subject: ProFTPD SFTP connection problem

ProFTPD SFTP connection problem

From: Torbjörn Lindgren <torbjorn_at_xware.se>
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2012 18:05:51 +0200

Hello

Like the original poster on this subject I fail to connect to ProFTPD using
libssh2 so I would be interested to know if this problem has been solved.

I run the sftp.c example on Windows7 compiled with Visual Studio 2008,
against a ProFTPD server version 1.3.3rc3 and libssh2_session_handshake
returns -43. According to the logged banner in the trace output, the server
is SSH-2.0-mod_sftp/0.9.7. I have no direct access to the server so at this
moment I do not know what the server log says. The client trace log have
some "Failure Event: -37" here and there, but they are present also when
connecting to a working server. It ends with:

[libssh2] 0.609810 Transport: Looking for packet of type: 6

[libssh2] 0.609810 Socket: Error recving 16384 bytes (got 5)

Failure establishing SSH session: -43

At some occations libssh2_session_handshake waits for several minutes. At
those occations return is still -43 but it is (got 0) instead of (got 5).

I would be very grateful for any help

/Torbjörn