Subject: Re: libssh2_channel_wait_closed(...) issue

Re: libssh2_channel_wait_closed(...) issue

From: Peter Stuge <peter_at_stuge.se>
Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2012 15:33:29 +0200

Chris Harris wrote:
> This is the snippet of trace where I get a -21 error code from libssh2:

It would be good to also see libssh2 trace output with and without sleep.

> It looks to me like the GC step needs to complete before another
> channel can be requested.

Yes.

> I am not familiar with the ssh protocol but should libssh2 be
> waiting for this step to complete before
> libssh2_channel_wait_closed() returns?

The garbage collection is an implementation detail of OpenSSH, it
has nothing to do with the protocol.

libssh2 trace output will show the actual protocol exchange details,
which will help say if OpenSSH is misbehaving or not.

I suspect MaxSessions 1 has not been tested a great deal and I do
think that it is OpenSSH at fault here, but let's look at the trace
to make sure before you post there.