Subject: Re: Responding to the server's keepalives

Re: Responding to the server's keepalives

From: Alexander Lamaison <swish_at_lammy.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2012 23:36:08 +0100

On 1 August 2012 00:33, Alexander Lamaison <swish_at_lammy.co.uk> wrote:
> How are we actually meant to 'pump' keepalive requests from the server?
>
> A couple of years ago Simon added support for responding to keepalive
> requests but they only get processed when we're calling an API
> function to do something with the channel. What about when we're just
> sitting around waiting? Presumably I need to create a thread that
> pumps the messages somehow but how?

I take the silence to mean no one handles 'out-of-band' keepalive requests?

Looking at libssh2_poll it seems that it might do the job. If I call
it during the client's idle time it will process the incoming packets
(including keepalive) and queue any we need to keep around?
But we deprecated it. What's the non-deprecated way to do the same?

Thanks.

Alex

--
Swish - Easy SFTP for Windows Explorer (http://www.swish-sftp.org)