Subject: Re: Any other way to authenticate using only private key

Re: Any other way to authenticate using only private key

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2012 14:07:49 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 10 Jul 2012, Akshay Joshi wrote:

> I am using "*libssh2_userauth_publickey_fromfile()*" function to
> authenticate using public-private key pair. As it is mentioned in the
> documentation is If libssh2 is built against OpenSSL, publickey parameter
> can be set to NULL.
>
> Why do we required to set publickey parameter if libssh2 is built against
> any other SSL library. Do we have any other API so that I'll authentication
> using only private key.

"Any other SSL library" would be another crypto library to be strict, as we
don't use SSL... That only other crypto library we support in libssh2 is
gcrypt. It just happens that nobody has written the necessary code in libssh2
to allow this operation with that backend. Feel free to step forward and help
us remove this annoying difference in functionality depending on backend
crypto lib!