Subject: Re-authenticate

Re-authenticate

From: Casper Langemeijer <casper_at_langemeijer.eu>
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2012 21:30:30 +0200

Hi All,

I'm trying to get the number of bugs on the ssh2 php bindings down a bit.
One of the oldest open bugs is a request for a feature to re-authenticate:

unfortunately it is not possible to re-use a SSH connection for several log ins (authentications). This would be *very* useful because it takes ages to establish a ssh connection, so one could save a lot of time if it were possible to re-login via ssh2_auth_password().
Btw, the server hangs up if one tries to re-authenticate a second time.

Can this be done with libssh2? Can this be done with the ssh protocol at
all?

My guess is that it's never going to happen and we should tell the bug
poster, but I need to be sure.

Greetings, Casper