Subject: Re: Error Receiving a File SCP

Re: Error Receiving a File SCP

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Sat, 2 Jun 2012 17:47:21 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 31 May 2012, Barry Fawthrop wrote:

> I have but it's beyond my limited understanding of ssh2 to know what the
> recv function is hanging

recv() should only ever be able to hang in blocking mode, so if you really
want it to really never hang then use non-blocking.

To figure out why it hangs, you need to understand in which situation recv()
is called and the state of the TCP connection at that point. I don't think
that is much related to the SSH2 protocol.

Since you can't tell us how to repeat this problem, it isn't a lot more that
_we_ can do about this as I can think of.

> Or what can I do to "force" it to loop the same way it does from the scp.c
> code with the -37

Then you make sure it never hangs, which it should never do in non-blocking
mode (at least).