Subject: libssh2.pc lacks Requires

libssh2.pc lacks Requires

From: Guenter <lists_at_gknw.net>
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2012 01:06:28 +0200

while on pkg-config stuff I just found that we currently miss to add the
proper crypto lib dependencies to the libssh2.pc file; we should have a
line like this (f.e. for libssh2 build with OpenSSL):
Requires: libssl,libcrypto

I've just committed a fix for this; please test!

Also Vincent Torri suggested this on the libcurl list (where I mentioned
the prob 1st in another context):
[quote]
use Requires.private if pkg-config is sufficiently recent. We do this:

in configure.ac:

if $PKG_CONFIG --atleast-pkgconfig-version 0.22; then
    pkgconfig_requires_private="Requires.private"
else
    pkgconfig_requires_private="Requires"
fi
AC_SUBST(pkgconfig_requires_private)

in the .pc.in file:

@pkgconfig_requires_private@: @requirement@

(where requirements is an AC_SUBST'ed variable containing the needed
dependencies)
[/quote]

I've no idea yet why we should prefer Requires.private over Requires and
whats the difference/benefit ...

comments welcome!

Gün.