Subject: Re: Trac health

Re: Trac health

From: Peter Stuge <peter_at_stuge.se>
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2011 23:30:19 +0100

Alexander Lamaison wrote:
> Is something up with our Trac? It's slow as treacle.

It does run on a slightly old machine (I have other machines, but
it's not so easy to move it) but I've spent a bit of time
investigating Trac+Git performance for another Trac instance on the
same machine, and it seems that Trac hits really hard on the
repositories for every request.

I've seen that there's been a performance update for the TracGit
plugin, and I will try that out when I have a chance.

I also don't know exactly how many requests it is handling per
time unit. I guess I should try to set some monitoring up. Ideas
welcome!