Subject: Re: libssh2_session_free changes nonblock state of already unused fd

Re: libssh2_session_free changes nonblock state of already unused fd

From: Pavel Strashkin <pavel.strashkin_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2011 01:11:04 -0700

You're correct, but as i said we have the deal with a Perl, Python,
whatever else that has GC which doesn't guarantee anything to you. An
object can be destroyed at an time. In this world you should you take
care of it too (in case if it happens). My point here (no hacks, no
workarounds) is that you shouldn't change IO from blocking to async.
You have the stream (socket) and the only thing which you should have
to do is just send and recv. How it happens - async or blocking - is
not up to library. I mean you have to support both cases as you do
already, but you don't have to change the mode. Leave it to library's
user. This small change will make life easier i believe. Right now, to
cheat against Perl's GC, i create a new session before close a
previous one. I don't like it. Just recv or send. Will it block or not
- doesn't matter. User decides.