Subject: Re: Patch to ticket 228

Re: Patch to ticket 228

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2011 16:34:50 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 21 Sep 2011, Alexander Lamaison wrote:

> Sorry. This, of course, should be libssh2_free, not LIBSSH2_FREE which takes
> a session pointer. That may be reason enough to pass a session pointer to
> the new API function.

Right, so that the correct alloc and free functions will be used.

I also agree with you that having the function allocate the array will make it
a more convenient API as otherwise the function needs to be able to return a
"too small array" return code back and all applications need to be able to
retry with a larger.

Jernej, will you write an updated version of the patch?