Subject: Re: ANNOUNCE: libssh2 1.3.0

Re: ANNOUNCE: libssh2 1.3.0

From: Clifton Gonsalves <clifton.gonsalves_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2011 12:46:37 -0700

Hi,
I upgrade my version from 1.2.6 to 1.3.0 and the speed / performance
of the new build was tremoundously slow when receiving files.

For my test cases, I Send / received 1000 files (1 byte each) To/from
our SSH server.
I ran each test cases 5 times using new and old builds

For Receive,
On an average with new build it took 56 secs while with old build it
took 7 secs

For Send,
on an average with new build it took 3.5 secs while with old build it
took 3.5 secs as well.

So it looks like only recevies seems to have problems.
I used same testing conditions for all tests.

Anyone experienced similar problems or is it something related to my case only?

Appreciate you response.

Hi friends,

I'm glad to announce that I've just made libssh2 1.3.0 available on the site:

         http://www.libssh2.org/

This release includes the following changes:

  o Added custom callbacks for performing low level socket I/O

This release includes the following bugfixes:

  o sftp_read: advance offset correctly for buffered copies
  o libssh2_sftp_seek64: flush packetlist and buffered data
  o _libssh2_packet_add: adjust window size when truncating
  o sftp_read: a short read is not end of file

This release would not have looked like this without help, code, reports and
advice from friends like these:

  Henrik Nordstrom, liuzl, Guenter Knauf

         Thanks! (and sorry if I forgot to mention someone)