Subject: libssh2_channel_exec guidance

libssh2_channel_exec guidance

From: bayan <nayab9_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 3 May 2011 17:52:11 -0400

Hi all,

I am new here, and would like to thank the people who work hard to provide
this awesome library for us!!

I have a question that I have been unable to figure out, after searching
around and not coming up with anything, I was hoping to get guidance from
the hive-mind.

I seem to be having an issue using libssh2_channel_exec when sending X
amount of data across the channel.

To be more specific, the code looks like this:

ssh_channel = libssh2_channel_open_session(ssh_session);
libssh2_channel_exec(m_ssh_channel, command);

"command" here, will simply execute something that pumps data to the
location I want it.

Everything is working all fine and dandy (oh ya, dandy!), up until I
transfer X amount of (large?) data. The amount of data transferred is
exactly the same every time, at which point it completely halts all
transfer.

It does take a while - it is a decent size of information. What I am
wondering is if this is something that is known, or if I am doing something
incorrectly.

Alternatively to test this, what I have done is fire up Putty, and use that
to manually send the "command", to see what happens. It is able to execute
correctly, seemingly infinitely.

What I would like, is for the data stream to not just stop at X amount of
data transferred, I would like it to continue infinitely similar to how it
works when I manually send the command using Putty.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can provide for more help!

Cheers!
Ben