Subject: Re: timeouts in libssh2 blocking-mode

Re: timeouts in libssh2 blocking-mode

From: Matt Lilley <matt.lilley_at_securitease.com>
Date: Tue, 03 May 2011 11:26:21 +1200

> I suggest we:
>
> A) mark the time when the function is first entered.
>
> B) when select() is about to be called, we can check how long time that
> has elapsed since the entry time and just do the math on how long the
> select timeout may be (this time).
Ok, that seems reasonable to me. I've attached a new patch that does
this (I think), and still passes my test cases. I assumed that because
the macro BLOCK_ADJUST (and BLOCK_ADJUST_ERRNO) were the only places
we'd end up in _libssh2_wait_socket, that this was as good a place as
any to mark the entry time, and they all seem to be at the beginning of
exposed API functions.

Any further thoughts?

Matt

> --
>
> / daniel.haxx.se

Matt Lilley
Software Engineer
SecuritEase
Tel:    +64 4 912-2100
Fax:    +64 4 912-2101
E-mail: matt.lilley_at_securitease.com
Web:    http://www.securitease.com
This e-mail has passed our content security scan.
It is covered by the confidentiality clauses at http://www.securitease.com/content_and_confidentiality