Subject: ssh protocol flow diagram

ssh protocol flow diagram

From: suyog jadhav <suyogjadhav_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 9 Apr 2011 12:42:52 +0530 (IST)

Hi, I am trying to develop an ssh/scp client using libssh2. I would like to know if there are any flow diagram available for ssh protocol. I had developed a voip client in the past and following rfc with detailed flow diagram for SIP protocol proved very helpful. http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc3665.html. I have searched on net but only found this, http://www.linuxjournal.com/files/linuxjournal.com/linuxjournal/articles/095/9566/9566f2.jpg Even after reading ssh RFC,I am having confusion in the flow for closing the channel e.g. which party is supposed to send EOF, is it mandatory to send/recv EOF before closing. I am facing specific trouble while sending file via scp, due to the EOF dilemma,as even though the file is sent to the remote host,and size is shown correct, the checksum doesn't match. When libssh2_channel_write returns 0, what does it mean and how to handle it. Thanks in advance for your help Regards Suyog