Subject: Re: [libssh2] #211: size mismatch between struct transportpacket fields causes libssh2 to get stuck

Re: [libssh2] #211: size mismatch between struct transportpacket fields causes libssh2 to get stuck

From: libssh2 Trac <trac_at_libssh2.stuge.se>
Date: Tue, 01 Mar 2011 18:05:30 -0000

#211: size mismatch between struct transportpacket fields causes libssh2 to get
stuck
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
  Reporter: www.google.com/accounts/o8/id?id=aitoawlhggg_yplkl7grwwpbbum-omtqud4rmna | Owner: Peter Stuge <peter@…>
      Type: defect | Status: closed
 Component: protocol | Version: 1.2.7
Resolution: fixed | Keywords:
    Blocks: | Blocked By:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+

Comment (by www.google.com/accounts/o8/id?id=aitoawlhggg_yplkl7grwwpbbum-omtqud4rmna):

 Replying to [comment:6 www.google.com/accounts/o8/id?id
 =aitoawlhggg_yplkl7grwwpbbum-omtqud4rmna]:
> Replying to [comment:5 stuge]:
> > Replying to [comment:4 www.google.com/accounts/o8/id?id
 =aitoawlhggg_yplkl7grwwpbbum-omtqud4rmna]:
> > > won't this get us into trouble if there was a error after
 p->total_num was set
> > > (for example while decrypting a chunk)
> >
> > Did you already look at which code paths have this problem? Do you
 know if there are many >of them?
> I can't speak about there being many. The one that I had in mind was in
 _libssh2_channel_read function (src/channel.c on line 1692) we have
> while (rc > 0)
> rc = _libssh2_transport_read(session);
>
> if ((rc < 0) && (rc != LIBSSH2_ERROR_EAGAIN))
> return _libssh2_error(session, rc, "transport read");
> Now if we get a decryption error in the 2nd call to
 _libssh2_transort_read, we could have session->packet.total_num set to a
 non zero value.
 (which is what my code does). libssh2_channel_free again calls
 libssh2_transport_read and we get stuck in the do {} while loop.

> Jasmeet
 Any thoughts ?

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.libssh2.org/ticket/211#comment:7>