Subject: Re: sftp - errors

Re: sftp - errors

From: Peter Stuge <peter_at_stuge.se>
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2011 17:10:31 +0100

Serghei Amelian wrote:
> I want to give to users useful message when, for example, a file
> cannot be opened for some reason .. libssh2_sftp_open() returns
> LIBSSH2_ERROR_SFTP_PROTOCOL in these cases .. Is any way to get
> a more friendly/explicit message?

Did you look at the code yourself before sending this email to occupy
the time of others?

Did you look at the secsh-filexfer protocol to find out if the
protocol allows a message from the server or if structured errors are
returned?

Did you look at libssh2 headers or documentation for any API that may
offer you more information about errors?

Did you look inside libssh2 to find out if any message or error code
is returned from the server and how it may be exposed by libssh2 to
an application?