Subject: RE: SFTP upload speed

RE: SFTP upload speed

From: Mark Riordan <mriordan_at_ipswitch.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2010 13:52:46 -0600

Daniel said:
> I showed that to make the same app reach really good speeds, I need to do
> little code tweak and change MAX_SFTP_OUTGOING_SIZE from 4000 to 30000.

I tweaked that macro in sftp.h, and increased the upload buffer size
in my test program to 1 MB. Even without the sliding buffers,
for the LAN test, now libssh2 has the fastest upload performance
of all tested packages!
I'm getting 22 MB/sec uploading from Windows to Ubuntu OpenSSH server.

I tried increasing my app's buffer size before, and it didn't make any
difference. I now see that I wasn't aggressive enough.

I'm looking forward to testing this over the WAN link I've been using
at home. (The WAN link at work is somewhat unpredictable due to
use by colleagues).

Mark