Subject: RE: libssh2_sftp_write doesn't hang anymore

RE: libssh2_sftp_write doesn't hang anymore

From: Mark Riordan <mriordan_at_ipswitch.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2010 13:54:44 -0600

Daniel:
>For the purpose of debugging this, can you make _libssh2_send() increase a
>global variable with the amount of data it thinks send() has sent and then
>output that global variable at the end of the test? That's the raw sender,
>which then should be ~15-20% larger than the file size. See my suggested
patch
>below.
>
>If that counter gets crazy big, we continue and add the similar counter to
>more upper layer functions. Within channel_write and _libssh2_channel_write

>and then finally within sftp_write.

I did that, and ran it, and put the results here:
http://trac.libssh2.org/attachment/ticket/197/
See 2010-11-12.zip

I didn't have time to do much analysis, nor to figure out how to
attach the Wireshark trace I created. (Trac kept blowing up on
the 16 MB attachment.)

Hopefully I'll have time later today to look at this more.

Mark