Subject: Openssh vs ssh2

Openssh vs ssh2

From: may nothing <may_241913_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2010 13:42:17 +0100 (BST)

Hi all, I finally finished my little sftp-client taht uses the libssh2 library and made some tests. I downloaded a 260MB testfile from a remote machine via openssh's sftp clienet and my own binary. The linux "time" command measured the time spend. For openssh's sftp client: 3:48 For libssh2 sftp client: 5:56 (For curl sftp client: 12:44) Question: Why is the libssh2 sftp so much slower (or is it an issue of my code) that the openssh one ? What can be done to increase the transfer speed ? Please find attached my sourcecode. cu may