Subject: RE: Disabling compression by API?

RE: Disabling compression by API?

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 8 Oct 2010 19:53:01 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 8 Oct 2010, Neil Gierman wrote:

> For my specific use case, I am transferring binary files (already bzipped)
> using SFTP to an embedded system. Not only would I not benefit from
> compressing my files again, but I am not sure that the embedded CPU could
> handle it.

In such a specific case you can (should?) of course build libssh2 completely
without zlib...

> I would prefer compression as optional and maybe even disabled by default
> and an API call to specifically enable it.

I was considering using the libssh2_session_flag() function to add that
ability. The function already exists but currently has no documented flags it
can set...

As for what default to use, I would love to hear some more opinions!