Subject: Re: keyboard-interactive method gives access violation in MSVC 2008

Re: keyboard-interactive method gives access violation in MSVC 2008

From: Ezequiel Ruiz <eruiz_at_barcelona04.com>
Date: Mon, 06 Sep 2010 14:13:16 -0300

  mm, the exact error message is:

Unhandled exception at 0x77d6e1fe in Test.exe: 0xC0000005: Access
violation reading location 0x44ed6d96.

The Test.exe is just an exe creating an instance of this class, and
calling the open() method.

An important update: I was trying to debug this at a lower level, so
I've compiled the libssh2 with debugging symbols to find more info
before the crash, and then the application worked!. So I recompiled it
back to release mode, and the access violation was still there. So, in
other words: the error just happen when the libssh2.dll is compiled in
release mode, in debug mode works OK. Perhaps some uninitialized
variables? or some problems with the optimizations of the MSVC compiler?
I' really don't know. Unfortunatelly, we don't have valgrind for windows...

Ezequiel