Subject: Authentication on user request

Authentication on user request

From: Paresh Thakor <paresh.thakor_at_moontechnolabs.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2010 16:52:53 +0530

Hello,

I'm trying to implement libssh2 for my application and all functions I see requires that user must be authenticated in order to transmit commands through channel. libssh2_channel_open_session(session) requires a user must be authenticated for particular session, then, channel will be created. libssh2_userauth_authenticated(session) is required to check user authentication. But what I want is to open a channel for user who is not authenticated. Like, terminal will open and ask user for password authentication. I want such functionality. If user has not specified password, it'll be asked when he opens terminal. Can anyone suggest me any idea? How can I implement it?

Without authentication, user needs to be able to open terminal and on terminal he'll input password, which will be used for authentication. This way, user keeps password security.

Regards,
Paresh Thakor.