Subject: Re: AES-CTR not available upon configure ibssh2 1.2.6

Re: AES-CTR not available upon configure ibssh2 1.2.6

From: A. Mark <gougolith_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2010 21:23:58 -0700

I'm programming a peer to peer model application, my issue now is that
I need to send a 128KB buffer securely between the two hosts. I
believe the "direct tcp ip" approach of libssh2 is one solution,
basically sshd acts as a tunnel between the two apps and the data is
safe. I'm wondering though if this is way too cumbersome. If I could
simply use the openssl library to create secure sockets it may be
relatively simple, since all i need to do is send a block of data
securely between the apps. I don't really know which one should be
more straightforward to do. Can you advise? Thank you!