Subject: Re: SFTP and libssh

Re: SFTP and libssh

From: Peter Stuge <peter_at_stuge.se>
Date: Sat, 10 Jul 2010 23:34:42 +0200

Paul Romero wrote:
> > Maybe you can remove stuff like knownhost.o and scp.o and save a
> > few kb..
>
> I suppose the same applies to the agent code if your system is not or
> can not run an agent. Basically, I think you can comment everything
> out it the following files: ssh2_agent.c and agent.c.

ssh2_agent.c is an example program which has absolutely nothing to do
with the library. The library source code is exclusively in the src/
subdirectory.

I did not suggest touching agent.o since you indicated that you were
interested in increasing security in the application, and several
people explained to you just yesterday that the agent interface is
what you would use to do that.

If you don't care for the security then you can save ~3kb. Making
that tradeoff is a bad idea in my opinion, but of course it isn't
my product. :)