Subject: Re: libssh2: Ported to UC Linux ? + DETAIL +MORE

Re: libssh2: Ported to UC Linux ? + DETAIL +MORE

From: Paul Romero <paulr_at_rcom-software.com>
Date: Fri, 02 Jul 2010 13:54:25 -0700

Hi Daniel:

I believe what Peter has written is true and that libssh2 can
be compiled in my cross-compiling environment. The
questions and additional information I sent him were
just intended to verify that he understands my environment
rather than to question the accuracy of his statements.

I intend to try compiling the code in my environment but
would like to avoid wasting time trying things that are known
not to work.

Best Regards,

Paul R.

Daniel Stenberg wrote:

> On Thu, 1 Jul 2010, Paul Romero wrote:
>
> > Perhaps, it would be useful to you if I clarify the host and target
> > environments.
>
> Peter has repeatedly said that it works, and I would agree with that. uclinux
> or "regular" Linux makes no difference to libssh2.
>
> Now I think you can stop asking and proceed to make it happen instead and try
> it out yourself!
>
> If you want libssh2 integrated into the uclinux build system, you must of
> course fiddle somewhat on your own but you could easily find inspiration for
> other existing bundled libraries on how to do that.
>
> --
>
> / daniel.haxx.se

Paul Romero
RCOM Communications Software