Subject: libssh2: Ported to UC Linux ?

libssh2: Ported to UC Linux ?

From: Paul Romero <paulr_at_rcom-software.com>
Date: Thu, 01 Jul 2010 12:08:23 -0700

Dear Group:

I would like to use the libssh2 SH-2 library to provide encryption
and authentication functionality for libcurl SFTP--the C version.
Has it previously been ported to the UC Linux OS ? If so, what is
the approximate size ? If not, do you think it would be difficult
and do you have a guess about the ultimate library size ?

Note that UC Linux is a diskless embedded system OS, and typically
runs on processors without an MMU. Also, the .o file format is
ELF 32-bit MSB relocatable 68020, not stripped. My target system
is M5249C3 dev. board with UC Linux version 2.4.27 and version
2.4.X or the kernel. It must be compiled with version 2.95.3 of
the GNU ELF Toolchain which does not have modern automake
capabilities.

Also, I use the SASL library for other types of encryption and
authentication in the target environment. It has a lot of
functionality and I wonder if the libssh2 SH-2 library duplicates
a significant part of functionality. If so, perhaps it is possible
to configure your library to obtain duplicated functionality
from the SASL library.

The size of the current SASL authentication/encryption library I am
using is about 605.4 K, and it provides GNU TLS functionality. The
other functionality it provides is as follows: DES, MD5, ARC4, DSA,
BLOWFISH, TWOFISH, CAST5, MD2, MD4, RSA, SHA1, SHA265, SHA512,
RIJNDAEL, SERPENT, TIGER, X.509, ANS1, HMAC-MD5, DIGEST-MD5. The
largest components are DEs, RSA and ASN1 whose sizes are about 18.3,
9.1, and 67 K respectively.

Best Regards,

Paul Romero

--