Subject: Re: libssh2_session_startup is failing with "Failed getting banner"

Re: libssh2_session_startup is failing with "Failed getting banner"

From: Peter Stuge <peter_at_stuge.se>
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2010 15:18:02 +0200

Ishwar Ande wrote:
> Please find the attached trace logs of libssh2.

Thanks.

> Sometime I am getting "Failed getting banner" error and sometimes
> "Unable to exchange encryption keys". I have attached the trace
> logs for both the instances.

In both cases the socket receive operation returns with errno=17.
Can you check what that means on your system? On Linux it's EEXIST,
which is not likely the case on your system.

Something like:

egrep -r \
'#[[:space:]]*define[[:space:]]+E[A-Z_]+[[:space:]]+17([[:space:]]|$)' \
/usr/include

might do the trick if you have GNU egrep available.