Subject: Re: Does libssh2 support normal FTP transfer and IPV6 ?

Re: Does libssh2 support normal FTP transfer and IPV6 ?

From: Peter Stuge <peter_at_stuge.se>
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2010 09:54:11 +0200

CHEN Xiaolei A wrote:
> In my program, SFTP/FTP and IPV6/IPV4 should be supported at the
> same time. Lucky to find this library, and I want to know:
>
> (1) Does libssh2 support normal ftp file transfer? (using
> username and password)

No. libssh2 is an SSH library, not a file transfer library. There is
support for SFTP in libssh2, since that protocol is quite closely
related to SSH, but there is not support for FTP.

> (2) Does libssh2 support IPV6?

Yes. The application must create the connection, not libssh2. The app
gives libssh2 an already-connected socket, so libssh2 does not care
if it is v4 or v6.