Subject: RE: mingw cross compilation

RE: mingw cross compilation

From: Neil Gierman <ngierman_at_roadrunn.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2010 10:35:37 -0500

> 0.9.8g works. some newer ones like 1.0.0, 1.0.0a do not. Maybe I was
> complaining too much. Eventually someone will notice and fix it. It
> looks
> like at one point you could cross compile openssl (apparently with
> disabled
> in line assembly). That might be an ok way to go for win64 though (if
> it
> was supported) since I would guess optimized assembly hasn't been done
> yet
> for win64.

Ahh. I haven't tried the newer ones because "if it ain't broken, don't fix
it". 0.9.8 has worked for us and we haven't need the 1.x stuff yet.

> Generally speaking, my work flow the last year or so has been along the
> lines of:
> -everything is going great on linux
> -then after a few weeks try to make things work on windows again
> -go home, cry, repeat
>
> :)

Our product was originally only windows so that's where I had to start.
Recently we started building for Linux and HP-UX. All 3 of those are
natively compiled because we have to run unit tests on the binary after.

Neil