Subject: Re: mingw cross compilation

Re: mingw cross compilation

From: Thomas Stover <thomas_at_wsinnovations.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2010 08:54:18 -0500

On Fri, 18 Jun 2010 10:57:43 +0200, Simon Josefsson <simon_at_josefsson.org>
wrote:

> Thanks. I'm not sure what the problem is, which Mingw version is this?

gcc version 4.3.2 (GCC)

Although I built it myself. Now that I'm on the ubuntu/debian boat, I need
to just start using the standard packages. It all got started when I had to
make my own builds of cross mingw-w64 snap shots. That's another road all
together.

> There is a libtool error message in there that it cannot find a shared
> version of the OpenSSL library, possibly if you install a shared
> libssl+libcrypto it will work, but I'm not certain.

I thought I was. I'll poke around.

> I wonder why it is that mingw builds just work for me, and rarely does
> for anyone else. Maybe because I avoid OpenSSL. :-)

Worst of all, openssl for windows really wants to be built with an active
perl build script and visual studio to take advantage of the optimized
assemble. Lately that process doesn't even work for me.

--
www.thomasstover.com