Subject: Re: sha1 hash is incorrect

Re: sha1 hash is incorrect

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Sun, 13 Jun 2010 23:11:19 +0200 (CEST)

On Sun, 13 Jun 2010, Peter Stuge wrote:

> If you are convinced that also newer versions are causing you
> trouble

Let me also point out that Evgeniy is using OpenSSL and the 1aba38 commit was
for gcrypt-based operations...

I think the received banner is a bit worrying "SSH-1.99-FreSSH.0.8". 1.99? I
then found this web site[1] about Fressh that says "FreSSH currently
implements SSH protocol version 1.5"

Well, libssh2 is SSH protocol version 2 only so I'm not surprised that servers
running an earlier version cause trouble! I think we should detect this
situation better and bail out with a clear and easily understood message.

[1] = http://www.freebsdsoftware.org/security/fressh.html