Subject: Re: example/direct_tcpip.c missing header

Re: example/direct_tcpip.c missing header

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2010 08:39:39 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 2 Jun 2010, Peter Stuge wrote:

> I wrote that example and I find it ridiculous for our examples to depend on
> configuration information for the library.

I don't. Well, to be specific: it doesn't depend on "configuration information
for the library", the examples depend on "configuration information" period.

If you can write a full set of *portable* examples without the use of
configure -- or something configure-like -- then please go ahead and show us
as that's not how our code is currently done. Right now the examples need
something that tells them a bit about what's working and what isn't working in
the environment where the examples are built/run.

Doing "grep HAVE_ example/*.c" should give a quick idea of what I'm talking
about.