Subject: Re: "Callback returned error" with public key authentication, under windows, linux works

Re: "Callback returned error" with public key authentication, under windows, linux works

From: Peter Stuge <peter_at_stuge.se>
Date: Wed, 12 May 2010 01:19:12 +0200

Frederick Reimer wrote:
> Hmm. I don't know the details of SSH, but based on the text of the
> message and knowledge of PKI I can take a wild guess. Perhaps the
> Windows box does not trust the root cert that signed the public
> key, while the Linux box does trust the cert that signed the public
> key?

Please note that public key auth in SSH is quite different from PKI.

Recent OpenSSH also implements a PKI, using nothing but the native
key format, but in any case that is not relevant for the public key
authentication in SSH.

The error can be explained by using "r" instead of "rb" in fopen().
It would be great if that could be verified.