Subject: RE: Reflection for Secure IT Server

RE: Reflection for Secure IT Server

From: Xu, Qiang (FXSGSC) <Qiang.Xu_at_fujixerox.com>
Date: Tue, 4 May 2010 11:15:20 +0800

Got it, Peter! Now I see why it is in clear-text format. :-)

> I see your point, but all libssh2 examples are quite simple
> programs with no other purpose than demonstrating how the
> library is used.
>
> Hiding the user's response can be technically complicated,
> and is not very portable among all systems that libssh2 runs
> on. Also, the answer is not always something secret, such as
> in the case of OTP, or a math problem. Finally, the examples
> do not hide the password when it is entered on the command
> line (run ps www on the same system while the example is
> running) so I think it is also not a high priority to hide
> the responses during keyboard-interactive auth.

No problem for me. :-)

> At some point I may add similar code to all examples, but
> meanwhile please feel free to copy the code and the
> supporting code in main() into any other examples where it is
> useful for you. And if you like to also submit a patch that
> is of course most welcome! :)

At the mean time, I am busy engaging the interaction between libcurl and another SFTP server (Reflection for Secure IT Server). I am using libcurl to do sftp transfer to the server. Are you also on the libcurl list? If yes, maybe you can help a bit. :-)

Thanks a lot,
Xu Qiang